What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ray Allen servo power

hcccs

Well Known Member
How much current does a Ray Allen servo draw under full load? I failed to find this info anywhere.

How much current does a Ray Allen servo draw under full load? I failed to find this info anywhere.

The Ray Allen servos draw approximately 150 milliamps no load, this from their web site. Can't imagine it's a very high number fully loaded, I wouldn't think more than 300 milliamps.

The Ray Allen servos draw approximately 150 milliamps no load, this from their web site. Can't imagine it's a very high number fully loaded, I wouldn't think more than 300 milliamps.
Thanks Pat. I'm driving my trim servo with a TI SN754410 H-bridge and it gives 1A output so it will be sufficient.

Thanks Pat. I'm driving my trim servo with a TI SN754410 H-bridge and it gives 1A output so it will be sufficient.

Hans, these drivers will lose about 2 volts in drive voltage, causing the trim motors to slow down. This may not be an issue for you, but if it is, let me know.

V

800 milliamps

I was sure it was 800 milliamps but it took me a while to find the source. It's in the FAQs section on the Ray Allen website:

"What kind of circuit breaker and wire should I use?
The full stall current of the T2 and T3 servo is only 800 milliamps. "

Back