What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel drain

togaflyer

Well Known Member
Im replacing the original fuel drain valves and was thinking of using a couple of the longer stem fuel drain with the internal spring vs the Vans standard issue drains. Is there any interference with the fuel pick up screen or? Inside the tank where it screws in. Since usually Vans has a reason I bought some new OEM drains just in case.

Go ahead

I installed exactly what you are talking about in my 14. No issues at all. The longer stem didn?t interfere and it drains properly.

Why replacing?

Any particular reason for replacing the drains?

I had a slight leak in mine a few years back and bought a replacement. Before changing out, I changed the ?O? ring to a viton ?O? ring and has been fine since.. Still have the replacement as a backup if ever needed.

Yes. Been flying the plane for a year and both are starting to show rust. I was told that back in 2013 they were made out of metal. New ones are marine brass or stainless. I was also told the internal spring type will strike the intake or screen. Didn’t want to find that out as av gas was running down my arm during the swap out.

My port side leaks once in awhile. I have some extra prongs but haven?t swapped it yet. What?s the ACS part numbers for the ones you guys are talking about?

I picked them up at Oshkosh. The internal spring one is made by Curtis Superior Valve Co in Arizona. Part no. CCA-2500. Got it from B and B Aircraft Supply. As a back up I got the original type in ours but in stainless. Got two from Saf-Air and their part no. is 110ss.

Back