What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Workday ? 21 Jan 2012 ? Let?s get it done!

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Hey folks, thanks to the help of many people, the RV-1 appears to be closing in on its ?first flight? (for a long time). Much was accomplished last weekend, and we are hoping that this next weekend we can hang the wings once again! In addition, the brand new Cato prop should be arriving Friday, which means it needs to be mounted, and the spinner fitted. Some of the big new parts (Canopy skirt, wheel pants, etc?) are at the paint shop right now, and then there are all those many details that need to be taken care of when a project gets close to finished. Most everyone who has had a chance to work on it has come back (or wanted to) ? it?s a pretty amazing project to be a part of.

I can?t be there this weekend, but I hope to see a bunch of photos of people that will make me jealous. The work begins when folks arrive! I?m sure there will be carry-over work the next day as well ? or get with jay about other times that YOU are available.

Paul

OK - the weekend is over....I hear the wings went on, so we need pictures!! :)

Or at least a progress report!!

Man ...... that thing is looking GREAT!

I'm hoping to get up there this coming Saturday.

what's left

What's left to do

Install prop and cut in spinner.

Install Wing nuts
hook up flaps
hook up ailerons
Receive alternator, and install
Receive Seats and install
Do a 'first run' engine
Pick up cowl, wheel pants canopy from GLO Paint and return to RV Central
Weigh aircraft and do Wt & balence
Inspect and sign off logs
Put it all back together for flight!!

What's left to do

Install Wing nuts
hook up flaps
hook up ailerons
Do a 'first run' engine
Weigh aircraft and do Wt & balence

Now THAT'S what I like to see - a punch list that we can burn through! Anybody who can make it by Jay's to knock stuff off the list this week, please do. I have shipping notes that say both the Prop and Seat should be there this week. Mel is starting the paperwork to make it all legal again, so we are getting close.

Thanks to everyone that is continuing to work on this bird hard - it is going to be great to get it out on tour so everyone else can see it!

What's left to do

Install Wing nuts
hook up flaps
hook up ailerons
Do a 'first run' engine
Weigh aircraft and do Wt & balance
Walt lined up for Condition Inspection/Mel lined up for Recurrent Airworthiness Inspection

Getting Close!

now-

since alot of us cant be there, we OF COURSE want alot pf pics, video, and heck, play by play. Oh , and the after flight party pics!
Tom

Oh , and the after flight party pics!
Tom[/QUOTE]

Tom,

These might be classified

"TOP SECRET"

Back