What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Maintenance tracking tool?

PCHunt

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I'm a bit computer-challenged, but would like to track all maintenance and regulatory Due Dates on my computer.

Has anyone found, or created a computer tool to do that? Things like Transponder due, Registration Due, SBxxx due, ADxxx due, Oil change, etc.?

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Yes, something like that. I will be keeping track of 3 aircraft, so will have to add to it.

Thanks!

Keep those ideas comin'.

Hi Pete,
From your first post, it sounds like you want what I have wanted to develop for some time, a more detailed database application, that would handle the logs for pilot, air frame, engine, propeller, multiple pilots, multiple planes. It would be server based using scripting, PHP, MySQL, etc; so could be accessed via the internet and www. So any desktop, tablet, mobile device.

I'm sure I have mentioned this before but since I am going to be laid up for a while soon; maybe I can get it done this time.

GH

Hi Pete,
From your first post, it sounds like you want what I have wanted to develop for some time, a more detailed database application, that would handle the logs for pilot, air frame, engine, propeller, multiple pilots, multiple planes. It would be server based using scripting, PHP, MySQL, etc; so could be accessed via the internet and www. So any desktop, tablet, mobile device.

I'm sure I have mentioned this before but since I am going to be laid up for a while soon; maybe I can get it done this time.

GH

Gray Hawk,

Offline HTML support or an App interface would be a nice bonus since some of us use tablets in the aircraft but don't have Wifi at the hangar. I may be interested in contributing to a project like this (mobile and web developer.)

Nice build website hosted by WordPress.. I'd be interested in hearing how much is custom and if plugins were leveraged. I'm currently working on a build log website to compliment my build log app.

Stan

Last edited:
How about a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet like this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny7x03n39mgp8x1/MyRVLog.xlsx?dl=0

Is that what you are looking for?

All you have to do is enter the information in the yellow boxes and the next due dates will update.
Looks good, Bobby. I've been constructing a whiteboard at the hangar with similar categories. To this I have added ELT/ELT remote battery replacement. Though not necessary, I do replace the main ELT batteries at annual, but the remote's battery not as often.

Last edited:
Gray Hawk,

Offline HTML support or an App interface would be a nice bonus since some of us use tablets in the aircraft but don't have Wifi at the hangar. I may be interested in contributing to a project like this (mobile and web developer.)

Nice build website hosted by WordPress.. I'd be interested in hearing how much is custom and if plugins were leveraged. I'm currently working on a build log website to compliment my build log app.

Stan
Good point on the offline support. I sometimes forget not everyone is on-line 24/7. But it would need to be something in a universal language as otherwise you would need to deal with the various OSs, Apple, IOS, Windows, linux, etc. Not a good situation.

On the build log using Wordpress, it is pretty much custom, just using the features of wordpress plus a few plug-ins by others. But that makes it accessible by almost any device, android, windows, apple, linux.

GH

Back