What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti Splat Gust Lock

tlongo

I ordered the Anti Splat gust lock and it came very quickly. The quality is top notch and it is very light. It only takes seconds to install it and it works great locking all surfaces. It folds up to a very compact size, I highly recommend this product!

If its cost were half it would be fair to try... it may increase sales and profit to have a fair price... one thing compensates the other.

But as it is , is too expensive to try...

you got me to look at the web site on this and after watching the video it is really slick and took some real thought. I have to put that on my wish list.

After trying a bunch of different methods, I broke down and purchased one. Does everything advertised and I love it.

As far as to expensive, you get what you pay for.

Just a thought... with your new control lock. After using mine and storing it in several places I worked out a system I like. I attached a small D ring on the flap motor cover near the top. When I pull my Antisplat Gust lock... I hang it up between the seats with a carabiner. It hangs completely out of the way of both pax, yet is ready right when I park. Gusty winds catch the big rudder on my 9 at just about any velocity.
I used an existing screw on the motor cover... so no drilling or mods.
The gust lock is sturdy and clever. There is a bit of side to side motion when installed... if I push on it. Never have had the wind move the ailerons though.
Had a hard landing the other day... and the antisplat front nose gear caught and restricted the motion on the gear. Both products worth the cost.... to me.

Back