What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOA wing removal

08FATBOY

My current 12 was built as an E-LSA by synergy. My concern isn't with wing removal iself but with the wing root fitting. Does the wing just pull off or do you have to release the fitting. 1st condition inspection is due, afterwords does the system need to be re calibrated

Last edited:
Quick release

Van,s makes a quick release kit which works great and can be installed when the wing is off.

Van,s makes a quick release kit which works great and can be installed when the wing is off.

Trying to keep up with the times. What does the quick release do specifically that the standard wing release mechanism doesn?t? How simple or complex is the mod to install this quick release? Thank you for any insight?

When I installed AOA in mine before Van's came out with their retrofit, I used quarter-turn quick connect fittings. Since removing the wing is a two-person job anyway, the person at the wing root gets to disconnect and reconnect the fitting. No big deal. The Van's hookup does it automatically. And no, there is no recalibration needed.

Back