What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 OLD (ULS) vs NEW(iS) (Firewall)

Crafting N112DR

Well Known Member
I wanted to show the difference between the old fuselage and the new iS Fuselage. Thought it might be interesting for some to see that are going to build the new iS, or those who have built the old kit and have not seen the new kit. This view is from the front looking aft. You can see some of the structural changes just from this view. Will post some more at soon.

i1bbpv.jpg

Good photos. Very informative. I like the dual heater valve ports, at least that?s what they look like to me.

Speaking of the heater? I?m only about 30 hours into the build on the RV-12 empennage, so take my frame of reference into account, but I recall seeing a blog complaining about the inability to reach the passenger side air vent from the pilot seat. Has this inconvenience been addressed in the new fuselage kit?

Yes, the heat now comes from a heat shroud around the muffler and it is ducted to pilot and co-pilot side. If you look carefully you will see the holes on either side of the lower fire wall.

Back