What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to rent RV (Camper) for Osh

Michael Wellenzohn

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I know it?s a bit early in the year but we are planning to go to Osh this year first time planning to stay on the camping ground. We will fly to Chicago. Any advice where to rent A camper van in the Chicago area? Other suggestions are appreciated as well.

Mike

Private party

I rent a 5th wheel from a private party. Check Craigslist for the area. I think there are a couple of commercial outfits you can rent from as well.

Motor home rental

Try privatemotorhomerental.com. These are private owners who rent out there motor homes. I have used them with good luck and used to rent mine out through this web site.
Good luck.

thanks

Thanks for posting the website. My dad wants to come with me this year and is not in the best physical health so dragging him along for 10-14 hours a day is probably not the best idea. Renting a motor home so we can be onsite makes the most sense so he can go back to rest as needed and I had no idea where to look other than google.

How far out do campsite reservations with hookups sell out?

Thanks for posting the website. My dad wants to come with me this year and is not in the best physical health so dragging him along for 10-14 hours a day is probably not the best idea. Renting a motor home so we can be onsite makes the most sense so he can go back to rest as needed and I had no idea where to look other than google.

How far out do campsite reservations with hookups sell out?
Last year, the camp sites with hookups were able to be reserved about 30 days prior to the start of Oshkosh. Unfortunately, you had to start paying for it as soon as you reserved it, even if you weren’t coming for a month. Would be prohibitively expensive. About a week prior to the event the improved sites started filling up. Ended up just going there and getting an unimproved camp site. We brought a generator with our RV and some battery powered lanterns and it worked out fine. Biggest challenge was charging our electronics....

Just an update, Cruise America offered a deal that works for us it?s just 2 min from O?Hare Airport.
Only thing is to negotiate with them to stick around a bit longer to allow us to pick up the RV as they close at 1600 LT.

Mike

Back