What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight

sahrens

Well Known Member
After a long, slow build my RV-7 finally takes flight.

qx70yf.jpg
[/IMG]

Congratulations!

Thanks for the motivation boost and leading the way. I hope to follow some time this year.

Great Scott. I think we started about the same time. You beat me by a month or so. Have fun with your fly off and then come on up here to Idaho to show off!

Looks Great!

So very motivating to see another slow build take to the air.

I punched a button on my RV 7 tipper and the panel lit up! Wow

Got a great opportuniuty on a Sensinich prop so this plane will fly this year as well i hope

Just piggybacking on your great announcement and sharing the excitement .

CAVU skies to you and may you enjoy that grin!

VERY motivating and great to see for me, too, Scott! Congratulations!! My long-term slow build is about to see the finish line as well. Maybe 2018 is the year for slow builds?

What is your builder number, by the way? Just curious how long you've been at this. Mine is 72980.

Congrats! First flights give me hope that the plane in my garage will actually fly someday.
I'm number 72635, bought the kit from someone who finished the tail sections and a wing.

After a long, slow build my RV-7 finally takes flight.

qx70yf.jpg
[/IMG]

Holy moly, is that the RV that was in your hangar when I picked up that wing rack from you almost exactly a year ago? I didn't think it was so close to flying! Congratulations!!!

VERY motivating and great to see for me, too, Scott! Congratulations!! My long-term slow build is about to see the finish line as well. Maybe 2018 is the year for slow builds?

What is your builder number, by the way? Just curious how long you've been at this. Mine is 72980.

Very close, mine is 72982. So we certainly had the same idea at the same time. I miss spoke (miss typed?), my wings are quick build but the plane was definitely built slooooowly.

Fortunately along the way there were many bright people that helped me . Vans Aircraft and their tech support, many of the build logs that helped me along the way (Bruce Hill & your's Bruce Swayze and many others.) A lot of vendors that provided excellent products or services; Stein Avionics, TSFlightlines, Advanced Flight and Dynon come to mind and others as well. And many friends that are builders or a particular great sheet metal guy in Fresno that offered help and guidance all made the path easier.

Certainly in that list, and not last by any means, is this website. A place where you can get clarity on the problem you are facing and get back to building. So thanks to Doug Reeves and VansAirforce.

If you are still building, keep moving along. That RV grin I have just does not want to go away.

Back