What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gone West--way too young

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Logan Mason passed away last evening. He was 19.

Most of you didn't know Logan, although some may have met him at Oshkosh, 2014. Logan was an RV-12 builder, first with Eagle's Nest, then with AviationNation. He had worked on three airplanes and was a dedicated kid.

At Oshkosh, I was quite disappointed in Logan--he couldn't keep up with the group. He was 14 and I was 70. Two weeks later he was diagnosed with bone cancer. Logan laid out of school for one year getting treatment. When we started AviationNation, he was back for his senior year and back to building. He really wanted to build, and to fly. He was a big plus to the build process. All the students will miss him. So will I.

Bob

Condolences to Logan's family, both immediate and extended. Also to the members of his build team. Its hard to go through something like this at such a young age.

Tom

Hard to hear this Bob - but good to know that you gave him some great experiences on is journey.

My condolences to Logan's family and friends. I am sure you will not allow his memory to be forgotten.

Back