What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G5 connectors

Have the solution

Apparently there is no difference apart from $6 usd from Aircraft Spruce.
they have two different Garmin part #. and hence two different prices.

Having installed two G5s, one GMU11, and one GAD13, I do not remember anything different about the connectors other than part numbers.

GAD13 recently installed but the G5s and GMU11 have been about two-years ago so I may have forgotten some of the details.

Hi can someone please explain the difference between the GMU 11 connector kit and the GAD 13 connector Kit.
Thanks
Peter
Hello Peter,

We recommend you follow the guidance in your installation manuals.

The GMU 11 and GAD 13 do indeed use the same 9 pin D-Sub connector kit, but for the GMU 11, you purchase the GMU 11 Installation Kit, 011-04349-90, which includes not only the connector kit, but also the stainless hardware needed to mount the magnetometer.

What ACS is calling the GMU 11 Connector Kit on their website is actually the GMU 11 Installation kit, so it is what is needed to install the GMU 11.

You could purchase the GMU 11 Installation Kit, 011-04349-90 and use it to install the GAD 13, but you would have some extra hardware.

Note that the GAD 13 with GTP 59 probe and connector kit, 010-02203-K0 also includes the connector kit, so you do not need to order that separately. Some web sites are not making that clear.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve for the response.
The answer is what I got back from ACS.
will look at buying the install kits for the GMU 11 as there is a$6 saving and sounds better components.

But will definatley follow the instruction manual for the install..

Peter

Back