What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stainless steel treatment

AGORV

Aluminum treatment anodizing

demand, treatment of the floor, seats, without primer but with treatment of the anodizing galvanic aluminum, saving of job and time, even if a friend of mine does this job. what do you suggest?

Last edited:
I don't think you will find many people on this forum supportive of anodizing anything structural on the airframe. Sure the mainspar is, but Van's put a lot of work into engineering this and took the anodizing into account when performing the analysis. You should read the article below regarding the crash of a kit helicopter due to anodized components. Just get yourself a good quality two pack paint and it will be as tough as nails. My total interior paint weight after curing came to 113g. Nothing in the scheme of things.
Here's the article:
http://www.redbackaviation.com/anodizing-and-fatigue-life-safari-helicopter/
Cheers,
Tom.

Thank you, I very read, but seeing Vans' work I thought I was doing well. Thank you for the explanation

No worries. That's the beauty of this forum. There are 10,000 other people out there that have your back.
Tom.

Back