What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EGT PROBE

Kupde

Patron
The Alcon EGT probe says to use. 31 drill and 30 reamer but that diameter is still too small to seat the probe all the way in. Is the intent for the probe to rest on the tapered region or Seat all the way flush with the tube diameter?

It will draw down into the hole for a press fit as you tighten up the clamp.

I?ve tightened the clamp and even tried to lightly tap around the hole with a wooden piece but it still doesn?t move. I think it?s about a 0.006? difference in diameter between the hole and the probe at the clamp end so I?m not sure how the probe can shrink this much?

I?ve tightened the clamp and even tried to lightly tap around the hole with a wooden piece but it still doesn?t move. I think it?s about a 0.006? difference in diameter between the hole and the probe at the clamp end so I?m not sure how the probe can shrink this much?
Mine "popped" in after torquing down the worm clamps. I did not ream my holes, just drilled out to #30. That probably gave me a little bigger hole than drilling #31 and reaming #30.

Back