What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seeking suggestions Best RV-8 Canopy cover

Niteflyer

Hoping to complete my RV-8A within next 30 days and seeking advice on which canopy cover to buy for the long term.

All comments/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Jody
Niteflyer
Meridian, MS.

Long term? I have been using my Bruce's cover for over seven years - outstanding quality, excellent fit. I have no worries about leaving the airplane outside when traveling. The big storm at Oshkosh in 2012? The Val was 70 yards from teh worst damage - cover was completely intact and in place. It is not the lightest cover out there, but it does a great job.

We have them for all three of our planes.

Cleaveland Tools has a nice cover. It's not a real heavy weight ....more of light/med. weight, but am real happy with it. I think it will last long term as a travel cover, but probably not for if being continually outside.

Vans or Bruce's?

I'm looking for a light weight travel canopy cover for my RV-8. Vans is quite a bit less expensive than Bruce's - $185 vs $300. Is Bruce's worth the extra expense?
Which one would you recommend?

Your call.

We have the light Van's cover and so far it has worked good on both a PL-4A and the 8. We do not leave ours out on the ramp for weeks at a time however, so I can't tell you how the heavy covers will work for long term.
hope this helps, R.E.A. III #80888

I ordered a Bruce's light weight cover today. 3 week delivery. In time for Oshkosh! Checked a lot of VAF posts and although Vans & others have good reviews there were more pictures of Bruce's that looked like they fit real well on the 8. Thanks for the input.

To piggy back on this thread, while walking the lines of planes at Oshkosh yesterday surveying canopy covers I see the usual ones:
Cleveland Tools
Bruce's heavy duty
Flightline interiors

Then there was another lightweight one that I saw a lot that looked good but didn't have a name on it anywhere that I could see. Any idea who makes this one?
Could it be Aviation Covers Inc out of Arlington WA?
http://aviationcovers.com/-.php

Thanks in advance!

Just ordered one of Bruce's covers for N188LC today for when I'm not inside the hangar for the night..

He's running a 10% discount right now for Oshkosh.. Coupon code is BOSH18

Back