What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting the interior of my RV7

I'm almost to the point where I need to think about painting the interior of my RV before I start installing seats and systems. My QB kit dates back to 2001 (I'm the 3rd owner) so it has some dust and dirt accumulated over the years. Most of it was primed at the factory; what wasn't I will clean with Bonderite CIC33 and then prime. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the interior really clean before I paint. I'm thinking of turning the "canoe" upside down on sawhorses, and blasting the interior with compressed air to try and loosen all the dust. Then, while still upside down, I was thinking of scrubbing it with degreaser (Dawn), hosing it down with water and letting it dry really well. Is the hosing part a bad idea? I'm a little worried about introducing source for corrosion. I will try to include a picture but never done that before so may not work.
RV7_interior_zpsaaddsyd6.jpg.html

We did a extremely dirty fuselage QB years ago (15?) with a pressure washer. This thing had sat outside for a year and was grungy. After baking in the sun for a few days upside down we scuffed up the primer and reprimed, and painted. Still looks good to this day.

Back