What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cost Question

Yes an I don't know.

Cost is a hard one to answer and it would be open to bids.
The wind screens can be buffed out in many cases. It does take some practice and a lot of elbow grease to get it right. You can look-up Mico-mesh kits from suppliers like ACS and see if you mite like to try it yourself. It just takes some time or a lot of time in some cases. Hope this helps, Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

My sailplane canopy got scratched and I tried Micromesh. At first ,with the rough grit papers, you will think it is ruined but after over an hour of sanding, I can't tell where the scratch was.

Can a scratch that is not deep be buff out and look perfect ?

I took out a fairly deep scratch on my first RV-8A with Novus products: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/search/search.php?s=NOVUS+POLISH+3&x=0&y=0

The #3 is for the deep scratches. This is followed by the #2 to polish (also great for removing any paint fog that got on the glass). The #1 is the final step and the product I use for all glass cleaning. You only need a small bottle of #2 and #3. Get a quart of #1 for everyday use. It will last several years.

Carl

Back