What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Builder Buddy - Riverview FL area

Afternoon all. I am about 1/4 the way through the slow build fuse kit on my RV-7A. I have had great success reaching out to several friends I have made via EAA chapters. These guys are a wealth of knowledge but all are 45 minutes to an hour away.

I am hoping that per chance there is a fellow builder (or prospective builder) closer to me who would like some more stick time behind the rivet gun. It seems that I get to certain points in the build and have to wait days or weeks before I can find a friend to sit on the other side of that rivet. The larger pool of friends creates a better chance I will be riveting :)

Any experience level is great. I am happy to teach if you are willing.

In Riverview Florida.

Thanks for reading folks.

Brian,

I'm not a builder currently but am investigating building an RV-10 and finishing up my PPL.

I may not always be available but I'm willing to learn and help when I can.

-Adam

Find a redneck

Buy a pistol then head to your local handgun range and become friends with some rednecks. I find the best rivet gun operators are those with the amazing trigger control, and your local handgun range is a goldmine for such people. The other benefit is that many of these people are also into aeroplanes and will quite gladly spend an afternoon bucking rivets if they know you'll take them up for a spin. It's worked for me!
Tom.

Small world

Brian what a small world, I lived in Fishhawk and graduated from Newsome. My parents still live there so I would be glad to help when I'm down there but unfortunately it's usually only once a year...

Neighbor willing to help

Hi Brian,
I'm interested and I'm close. I'll PM you my contact information. Give me a call.
Randy

Back