What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dipstick tube too long!

sf3543

Well Known Member
I am finally to the point where I am getting ready to fit the cowling and I have put off getting a shorter dipstick tube, assuming it wouldn't be a problem. Well, not so.
I currently have the AEL 12790, which is a little over 10" and an extension, AEL 22780, which about 2 1/4 ". Even with the extension removed, it is still a little over 10", which is too long.
Anybody have any information on a shorter tube? (Maybe PN 75761 but I can't find anything on it.)
So, looking for a shorter tube, around 8" or so.
If you have one to trade or sell, or any information on one, please let me know.
Thanks,

Steve, I had the exact same problem. Oil tube that came with the O320 was too long. Called my engine shop and they exchanged it for a shorter tube and dip stick. The one I am using has PN 75735 on it and it is 6 1/4" from the flange to the top. Don't have a PN for the dipstick.

Hope this helps

Cut the two inches from the Centre of the tube and glass it back together. You can remove the dipstick rod from the cap and cut two inches from it as well. A bit of work but cheap!,

I would be interested in purchasing the 10" oil tube and stick. I've got the shorter one on my RV6A and could really use a longer one. Perhaps we could trade?

Thanks
Bill

For my RV4, I had to cut the 10" version down a little. The glue joint isn't holding up well (1500 hrs on it now). Aircraft Spruce has the 6.3 version (their part 07-13447), I'm thinking about using it with the short extension. Anyone know where can I get the extension?

A/S also has 10" ones. If you search, they call the tube "Lycoming tube-oil level gauge" , go figure.

Anyone know where can I get the extension?

I have one of these available.

ACS part: 75761 LYCOMING EXTENSION-OIL FILLER (4.47 LONG) 07-13453

3ihvLm5l.jpg

hoIHzMTl.jpg

Last edited:
I just received an oil filler tube extension from Aircraft Spruce for my O-320, which currently has a too-short 73735 oil filler tube. This is Spruce's part. It's Lycoming 75675, and it does not fit. It's too large. FYI.

Dave

Back