What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Summer has FINALLY come to Michigan!

Jvon811

Well Known Member
Just out and about, trying to make the most of our Upper Midwestern weather disadvantages, after lurking all winter long, reading about everyone else's flying fun... :)

Sorry for the quality of the first two... taken through vinyl tint on a Comanche with an iPhone...

Also of note: This is our families definition of "Family Time". I'm in the RV-4 and that's Mom and Dad in the -7

o8Q.jpg

o8T.jpg

o8a.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to come to MI

Justin,
Looks like it was a fun day.

Gary

Gary,
We are in the late planning stages of a trip to MI.

Near Traverse City (Antrum County KACB).
Your RV-4 has a number pretty close to mine (262).

Happy Landings,
Daddyman

Glad to see the snow melted in the UP, and summer has arrived.

It's 111*F in Phoenx this afternoon, so I'm inclined to say "summer has arrived in Arizona, too". Anyone flying after 10am is pushing the limits.

Yes!! Summer has arrived in Michigan! Enjoy it for the next...... two months or so....... It sure is pretty up there. No place has better, clearer water - but its cold! Best thing is to just dive in. The outer layer of your skin gets numb and you just get used to it. It?s invigorating, and flying up there is a treat as well. Can?t wait til my next return visit.

Daddyman,
Last time I was at Antrim County (Belaire) for a visit, I was able to hangar my plane there for $25. Well worth it in my opinion.

Looks like it was a fun day.

You know the RV grin as well as we do Gary, it was fun. We'll be seeing you next month hopefully!

Yes!! Summer has arrived in Michigan! Enjoy it for the next...... two months or so.......

Aint that the truth...

Jevon, is that taken over KCFS? Tuscola?

The departure picture was taken at the Houghton Lake Dawn Patrol last weekend. HTL. The other shots were enroute up to Mio, MI (51M) for breakfast. A little hole in the wall, greasy spoon called the Paddle Inn that's about a 70 yard walk from where we park the airplanes :)

Last edited:
Scott,
Thanks for letting me know of the potential hanger space.
I'll check it out.

Daddyman

Back