What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foreflight

Ron B.

Well Known Member
As a Canadian, can I purchase the US data "Basic Plus" package without a Canadian package/ subscription ?

Info

I am in sw Ontario and have never paid for the canadian pkg. Friends here do but dont see the need. I have skyview panel with the North american data.
On foreflight the US data covers 99% of where i fly, and the wac charts cover even more. No worries, just go with US and then add it if you feel your missing out.

Good question for ForeFlight.

Please do not take this the wrong way but the next post from Rick is exactly why I like asking questions on here. It is likely that the reply from a vender ( I have no way of knowing if this is correct in this case) would be that I need both packages costing more. From Rick's post I now know that we Canadians can indeed purchase only a UD data base package, but I also know that perhaps it will cover my Canadian flying needs. I do know that a Canadian data base package will not cover all the way south to Sun & Fun that I plan to visit later this week.

Thanks Rick, great information. Would you know if you purchased your plan from the Canadian site or from the US in US dollars?

Thanks Rick, great information. Would you know if you purchased your plan from the Canadian site or from the US in US dollars?

The price for either package is in US$.

FltPlanGo is free and covers the US and Canada very well.

Michel

Thanks, I found that out as I proceeded with the purchase. The Canadian site is in US funds and you can select Cdn or US data. I now have a subscription that is updated.
Ron

Please do not take this the wrong way but the next post from Rick is exactly why I like asking questions on here. It is likely that the reply from a vender ( I have no way of knowing if this is correct in this case) would be that I need both packages costing more.

Unduly cynical. If you tell them what you need, they'll tell you how to buy exactly that.

Back