What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ES Airflow Fuel Pump-1 installation

Rschultz

I'm New Here
I am working on installing the ES Airflow Fuel Pump-1 from Van's in my RV-7. I am having trouble trying to figure out how to run the fuel lines and make everything fit under the covers. In Van's instruction manual there is a picture showing a typical installation. The only problem with the pic is the fuel selector valve and fuel lines are removed for clarity (I am guessing). If anyone one has any installation pics or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Randy Schultz
Woodward, OK.
RV-7 Slow Build Slider
N215PR (reserved)

I am working on installing the ES Airflow Fuel Pump-1 from Van's in my RV-7. I am having trouble trying to figure out how to run the fuel lines and make everything fit under the covers. In Van's instruction manual there is a picture showing a typical installation. The only problem with the pic is the fuel selector valve and fuel lines are removed for clarity (I am guessing). If anyone one has any installation pics or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Randy Schultz
Woodward, OK.
RV-7 Slow Build Slider
N215PR (reserved)

What selector do you have, and is it plumbed like the plan?

Edit - which lines are causing issue? on the fuel pump platform, or between it and the selector?

Photos

I have some posted to my blog, "Finishing" page. I had the tank-selector and pump-forward lines done by TS Flightlines. I fabricated the small ones.

I installed the Andair fuel selector valve and run the lines according to the plans. When I move the fuel pump aft to accommodate the fuel line from filter to the inlet of the fuel pump on the forward side of the cover, the pump interferes with the lines going to the fuel selector valve.
I looked at the pics from Larry's blog looks like I have to shorten the lines going into the fuel selector valve as much as I can to gain the room I need for the fuel pump and lines?

Randy

I installed the Andair fuel selector valve and run the lines according to the plans. When I move the fuel pump aft to accommodate the fuel line from filter to the inlet of the fuel pump on the forward side of the cover, the pump interferes with the lines going to the fuel selector valve.
I looked at the pics from Larry's blog looks like I have to shorten the lines going into the fuel selector valve as much as I can to gain the room I need for the fuel pump and lines?

Randy

Randy, is it similar to this photo? The top of the pump is inline with the down tube off of the and/or valve? Or is your vintage of pump completely different?
Edit - note that Larry made the lower bend much closer to the 90 deg fitting on the valve. I did not want to redo that part in my plane. The pump and filter in the picture below is closer together than stock. It was done to overcome the direct interference with the tube coming down on the right side of the valve (left on the picture) If the closer spacing will work for you, let me know and I will post the mod to place the pump/filter closer together for the needed clearance.

KcFIQwVher5OJM05h59g8cFx9T2VDPXySEnrKNhitP51jvlWM0Bq70f7j0hat-tqYPTpMDIXhIjZNvtBh9yWvtuGxSnrJABYPXgvIXurU9fP7rZafNYWUOPISX9VOEeaTYiVs1ZD-h6ys-5Vo-XrQ06NFxyDXM3DO4nGq_Om7Sgeaxr2YInE37m_psnoFpB7OZ37fbWSZUnfL3OqNNNC9HHAbNSqxvu4nmEYm21BqpYkP41gSMPpvk4p8b5CcpZlYlCDBvhLfLj_u9GtR6yw6Ij0DYys4o3Am9SZ1zjDni7lpVQmcK2m58-G4C8hSejFl03pSbcFqi76xfh4LKzo55x3b2W1ltXRy9FVVAIbCou3nnXhBQY5651L1LdyLGugc-yQ6vkuNbePNSq_gmOlac9QsbWSHn4hyI2QsqFJJEGW5498JOKCIq1QqU505P3MpNFwYQzGj9lZcwn_Ydr2QQbsVUMSp5EIsqRX4R0yuh2uJ6C47ISV0TRs5q3vEXooTevHaUpS9jrsz3fC06iTL1kLXF4JWtrz_zisW_QOrMj91AV7OJd-Q06QOcU3L_5uVeTh_ab1i0T1PwuK1xzQSq9jks1t3zLF6GQHzVtEtYj8E3fQj5CP10Acu2wxmww7iVxHm-4GKl1UHRwCeQRI7X4tlsXpvNDlQkx1RUb9_A=w800-no

Last edited:
I just wanted let everyone know I visited with Tom with TS Flightlines and ordered the fuel lines necessary to install the new style pump.
I appreciate everyone who responded to my post.

Back