What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USB Flash Drive PLANS/MANUAL RV-9/9A FD PLANS RV-9/9A

jselvatici

Well Known Member
Hello Team,

I have a doubt regarding the USB Flash Drive available to buy at Vans store.
By buying the USB, everything that I need is in there? :confused:
I'm new to this Manual style, I just want to make sure I'm buying everything I need regarding manuals for the 9A.

Many thanks!

The preview plans on the flash drive are just that, preview plans. They have a good number of the drawings and a lot of the construction manual but it is not a complete set. I just got the flash drive for the -7. You could not build the airplane from the flash drive alone.

Vans sells kits, not plans. So the "preview plans" are not intended to build a plane from. You get the actual plans with the kit.

CD plans

That's interesting. I have the old CD plans for my 7a. It has all the plans, OPs plans and full builder manual. I do prefer the full size paper.

USB / CD

Having a copy of the electronic (soft) copy preview plans is helpful. They can be on the computer or tablet and be searched for a "keyword" when you are trying to figure something out or make a repair down the road.

The drawings are not the highest resolution so are not good enough for some of the details that you want but are good enough to do a quick check when studying or planning future work.

The thing with the preview plans - on CD or USB - is the versions contained within may not align to your physical kit. The paper plans you recieve have the latest updates etc for the parts you recieve.

Any differences are likely to be minor, but they could exist...

Back