What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static line

Dennis Harm

New builder ? On page 10-22 I riveted theSD-12-BSLF static source rivet and the stem broke off in the rivet can this be drilled out or do I need new rivets? Thanks in advance Dennis.

Use a 1/16" pin punch to drive the stem out of the rivet while someone holds a heavy bucking bar beside the rivet.

Instructions

Does anyone have an electronic version of the static air system instructions referenced in step 1 on page 10-22? It says "Follow the 'Installing the Static Air System' instructions included in the Static Air Kit to install the Left and Right Static Sources into the F-01473-L & -R Side Skins as shown in Figure 1 and on Page 10-19, Figure 1."

My static air kit had instructions for an RV6 electric flap system or something like that. I'm not sure how to rivet the static port, especially given the comment by Dennis. I figured it was just a pull rivet, so I tried it on one side and had the same issue with the stem staying in the rivet.

RV14 static port

Jeff have since drilled out port rivet and went with Cleveland?s static port. Not flying yet but would be interested if anyone has used them and how they worked out thanks Dennis

Thanks Dennis,
I looked at the Cleaveland kit too, but in the end I thought I would just go with the stock static kit. That may change, though!

Jeff have since drilled out port rivet and went with Cleveland?s static port. Not flying yet but would be interested if anyone has used them and how they worked out thanks Dennis

They work fine and are used quite frequently in RV's. Their original version had some issues, but those were resolved about a decade ago.

Back