What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Same Key for door + Locking Gas Cap?

jeffwhip

Well Known Member
I've been doing some reading here and was wondering if there is any way to key the Plane Around Door with the same key as the locking gas cap and the baggage door?

I don't have the plane around door kit yet, but plan on it. Was hoping to take my gas caps (or just the cylinders) as well as the cylinders from the plane around kit to the local locksmith to see if they can help me out.

If I were going to steal fuel, I'd just remove the drain and let it flow. Don't need no locking gas cap to hassle with at re-fueling time.

-Marc

If I were going to steal fuel, I'd just remove the drain and let it flow. Don't need no locking gas cap to hassle with at re-fueling time.

-Marc

I am more concerned about some nut job tampering with my fuel by dumping in some extra ingredients, than theft. I have no data if its ever been done to a plane on the ramp when no ones around, but with 28 years on the job in LE, I can assure you there are people out there that do malicious things like that to automobiles, and other personal property, just for entertainment or vindictiveness. And we all know there are people that live near local airports that absolutely despise us pilots flying in and out making all that noise. Also, no one gets near a fuel filler cap with a hose unless its me.

The plane around latch does not come with a lock - so its really up to you to find all the locks keyed the same.

same key for door + locking gas caps

We sell door locks to match the gas caps.
Suitable for cabin doors and baggage doors.
Available via 'Spruce' 05-28664

Ask them to order in with key to match your gas cap lock.
Robin

I am more concerned about some nut job tampering with my fuel by dumping in some extra ingredients, than theft. I have no data if its ever been done to a plane on the ramp when no ones around, but with 28 years on the job in LE, I can assure you there are people out there that do malicious things like that to automobiles, and other personal property, just for entertainment or vindictiveness. And we all know there are people that live near local airports that absolutely despise us pilots flying in and out making all that noise. Also, no one gets near a fuel filler cap with a hose unless its me.

Oh, I'm sure someone's ex-wife has given this some serious thought!

We sell door locks to match the gas caps.
Suitable for cabin doors and baggage doors.
Available via 'Spruce' 05-28664

Ask them to order in with key to match your gas cap lock.
Robin

If I understand you correctly, If I order the fuel cap through AS they can give me a door lock and baggage door lock that all match?

Back