What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Beer With Mannan

bsacks05

Well Known Member
I was very sad to read about the passing of Mannan Thompson recently here on VAF. I remembered that I had a beer with him at SNF 2015 and snapped this picture. We talked about his declining health and that he had to give up flying his RV8. I had a feeling that this would be the last time I would see him.

I met Mannan years ago at some fly in somewhere and, like many have already posted, he was a man who left an impression on you. It was easy to talk to him and feel that he was a genuine friend. He was someone I was always happy to see and someone I will always remember.

23r4neo.jpg

Thanks for the picture and memory. I only met Mannan once - at 2014 SNF. He was very friendly and loved showing his plane. I was building and getting ready to get my panel at the time and he was happy to show me wire routes and other ideas to help me out. He answered several emails over the next month or two.

Thanks again for the memory.

A life well lived

I never knew or met the man. However, any time someone has lived a life as full and as well as Mannan did, I get a lift just reading about their life. The world needs more like him.

Mannan was a positive influence in my RV life, both before and after I owned one. Thanks for the memory.

Back