What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

degrees swing of the rudder Rv-14

DaveO

Well Known Member
Would some one please tell me the degree swing of the RV-14 Rudder.

I want to install a rudder stop as I build the Vertical Stabilizer. I want to be sure it is correct before installation.

Thanks
Dave

Would some one please tell me the degree swing of the RV-14 Rudder.

I want to install a rudder stop as I build the Vertical Stabilizer. I want to be sure it is correct before installation.

Thanks
Dave

The rudder stops get adjusted based on clearance from the HS/Elevators. I test-fit mine and ended up adding the extra layer to the rudder horn contact area to get just a bit of extra clearance. I don't think you can properly adjust rudder travel without the full empennage mounted so you can check this clearance. See section 11, page 09.

Last edited:
The rudder stops get adjusted based on clearance from the HS/Elevators. I test-fit mine and ended up adding the extra layer to the rudder horn contact area to get just a bit of extra clearance. I don't think you can properly adjust rudder travel without the full empennage mounted so you can check this clearance. See section 11, page 09.

Same here, I even added a bit extra room between the corner of the elevator and rudder for extra margin of clearance

Back