What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any VP-X Pro installs in a 14/A so far?

jeffw@sc47

Well Known Member
I will be installing a VP-X Pro in my RV14A and I'm well into the prep planning for it and the panel equipment.

The panel will have (left to right) a G5X, 10" GDU 465, center stack (top to bottom) GMC 307, GTN 650, GNC 255A (future), and GMA 245, plus right of stack a future G3X 7" portrait GDU 470. May be cutting back even more on initially installed panel equipment depending on taxes, etc.

But here's the 'I wanna' full layout.

QUESTION IS >> Where does the VP-X pro fit best in the space available behind the panel, where do I begin thinking about locating it?

oaF.jpg

Last edited:
Just a thought, I always think redundancy/failure plan. If you have 2 10" screens they are 100% interchangable, if the PFD goes TU somewhere.. just swap screens and you're on your way.
So I'd prefer to have 2 10" or 2-3 7" units rather than one 10" and one 7".
(PS: you can't mix and match 370 screens with 4XX screens)

Last edited:
I am leaning towards the VP-X Sport in my 14. But I am many hours from needing to commit. I?m curious why you chose the Pro over the Sport.

I installed a Sport model in my RV7A not a RV 14 only because it was cheaper than the Pro and I did not need the extra circuits that the Pro provided. I think the Pro model also did some extras that I did not consider of value to me.
I think the sport model is enough for me.
I hope that this testimony helped you some.
Dave

VPX Pro

I have mostly Dynon screens and I put the VPX on a shelf I made behind the right side screen. Easy access to the Ethernet port and it rides under the Dynon screen.

Just a thought, I always think redundancy/failure plan. If you have 2 10" screens they are 100% interchangable, if the PFD goes TU somewhere.. just swap screens and you're on your way.
So I'd prefer to have 2 10" or 2-3 7" units rather than one 10" and one 7".
(PS: you can't mix and match 370 screens with 4XX screens)

The photo shows a GDU 370 on the far side, although he said he was planning on adding a GDU 470 (which, as I understand, is compatible with the GDU 460)

I installed a VPX Pro in my 14 behind the subpanel. I made a little shelf and installed it behind the radio opening in the sub panel. That allowed me to bring the fuselage harness up the center channel and right to the VPX for the appropriate wires.

Back