What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone at FD27 Cuyler Airpark?

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have just purchased a beautiful airpark home at FD27, Cuyler Airpark. We are moving there in 2 days. Just curious if any of my neighbors are a member of this list? Also... this being our dream home... how does everyone else cope with all the new envirenment of living at a airpark? We are excited beyond our wildest dreams... so I'm hoping for an easy transition from a traditional house to airpark living.

Best Regards,

John Wanamaker

Thanks Torello... I'll do just that...the invite is much appreciated. What are the two RV's under construction?

I was born and raised in Jax... Just moving back to the Jax area after many years, and a whole other lifetime... it is amazing how the world turns in small circles :D

Best Regards,

John W.

Flying RV's at 01J

Hi John,

Congratulations on your new airport home! We have 2 flying RV-4's at Hilliard. I also have an "8" under constructruction that will hopefully be going into the hangar up there later this year.

Dave Clay

Cuyler Airpark

Hi Dave (et al),

I have been told we have a 6 here at Cuyler... haven't seen it yet... my sellers told me about it on our initial walk-thru.

I have built a 7 emp... I am doing (designing) a modified 7a with an H6 Subaru, and a 10 style canopy/cockpit with gull-wing doors. Yea...I know... not a true, dyed-in-the-wool RV :eek:... that's one of the reasons I waited so long to post here.

Look forward to meeting everyone up there in Hillard soon.

All the Best,

John

Near Cuyler

John, 4 RV's ( 2RV-4s, 1 -7 and 1-8) at Haller Air Park just south of Green Cove Springs. Come see us at the Dreamland Squadron. Pat Lee

Just thought I'd give this thread new life.

I'm interested in finding an airpark home in Florida. I have to commute to Louisville so ideally, I'd like to be a short drive from either JAX or PIE. I'd prefer to be close to the water as I'd like to do some fishing too.

I was interested in a home at "Flying M" in Yulee (Nassau Airport) but I found out the airport owner is a shady character and the facilities are not well maintained.

I'd like to get started building an RV-8. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey John,

My friend lives at Cuyler and has the RV6 there. Let me call him tomorrow and see if I can give you his number. You have moved to a great airpark! Very friendly!

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have just purchased a beautiful airpark home at FD27, Cuyler Airpark. We are moving there in 2 days. Just curious if any of my neighbors are a member of this list? Also... this being our dream home... how does everyone else cope with all the new envirenment of living at a airpark? We are excited beyond our wildest dreams... so I'm hoping for an easy transition from a traditional house to airpark living.

Best Regards,

John Wanamaker

Would like to revive this thread...recently moved to Jax.
Met some great guys at Haller and have a partner in a RV7A currently parked at Hilliard.
Wife would like to stay in the area once we get out of the Navy in about 15 months. Therefore, I am starting to house hunt.
Are there any lots for sale at Cuyler?
I didn't find any on the web. I did see one home for sale.
Thanks

Back