What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 Door Struts

SteveB_Australia

I'm New Here
G'day from Australia,

Forum lurker and long time RV7 owner but now a new RV10 owner getting used to doors and a roof. Can anybody tell me what the optimum door gas strut air pressures should be to recharge the door struts please?

Steve
Torquay, Australia
VAF dues paid
RV7 & RV10

I didn't know that they were rechargeable. Most just replace them. The "standard" from Vans works for light doors. If your doors have extra weight on them, the HD ones are better. There are after-market sources as well as Vans. The after-market ones used to be much cheaper, but last time I looked the Vans' units had come down in price. Hopefully someone else will come along and answer the question you asked.

Easylift

I got the 600n struts from bansbach easy lift. Seem to work well and they were half the price of the vans hd ones...when I bought them.

I just put the A1A1F50-100-287/530N on and they work fine. The doors don't spring up, but they do stay in position just fine. I wish I would have gotten the 550's.

G'day from Australia and thanks guys for the responses.
The struts are heavy duty rechargeable and I've opted to recharge them at 550nm. One hour job and AUD $15 each (USD $11.00). Seem to work well.

Ill second Matt?s comments. I ordered the 530N ones as well. They stay put, but are a little underwhelming in their ability to lift the door for you. Should have ordered the 600N ones. I may just replace them before i finish my build. I have a feeling its going to drive me nuts.

Ill second Matt?s comments. I ordered the 530N ones as well. They stay put, but are a little underwhelming in their ability to lift the door for you. Should have ordered the 600N ones. I may just replace them before i finish my build. I have a feeling its going to drive me nuts.

Curious if your door stock or does it have panel, fabric, etc?

Larry

So, stupid question, but how do you actually order them from the Bansbach site? I haven?t found anything resembling an online store. I?m sure I?m just missing something. Thanks!

So, stupid question, but how do you actually order them from the Bansbach site? I haven?t found anything resembling an online store. I?m sure I?m just missing something. Thanks!

You have to call them. Their number is on their site. Easy to deal with, albeit analog.

Larry

You have to call them. Their number is on their site. Easy to deal with, albeit analog.

Larry

No... don?t call. Use the online store. I called and the price I was quoted was significantly higher than purchasing through the store. They gave me some BS explanation for why...

No... don?t call. Use the online store. I called and the price I was quoted was significantly higher than purchasing through the store. They gave me some BS explanation for why...

Can you point me to a link for the online store? I can?t find it on their site at all. I?ve looked repeatedly.

No... don’t call. Use the online store. I called and the price I was quoted was significantly higher than purchasing through the store. They gave me some BS explanation for why...

The part we use,A1A1F50-100-287-xxx, for our doors has a price of $0 with a note advising you to call to order. I only paid about $60 by ordering via phone, which is in line with what others posted as the going rate.

Larry

Larry, stock doors plus the PlaneAround latch

Interesting. I just got my left door window in today and I would say my 535 unit is about perfect. Nice and strong but not overly so. I wouldn't want anymore power. I have a homegrown centerlatch, very similar to shawn's, however, I have the flush exterior handles (hendricks, I believe), so minus some weight, as I don't have the spur gears and steel geared shafts at my handle. However, I don't think that could add up to more than a pound.

Larry

Back