What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Are the emag 6cylinder ignition system available now?

Six Cylinder pMags - soon?

I've been waiting for six years and I'm almost at the 500 hour mag check point on the RV-10. Brad is saying "shipping will start late August".

But - he did not say what year.......

I'll continue to wait as this is the only electronic igntion I would put on an airplane.

Carl
10 years of flawless 4 cylinder dual pMag operation in an RV-8A

Install an ElectroAir. Many many years of proven performance and they don't fail constantly like emags have. Oh, and they are actually available today. Just say'n

Install an ElectroAir. Many many years of proven performance and they don't fail constantly like emags have. Oh, and they are actually available today. Just say'n

Or an LSE, or an SDS, or EFII ......

BTW, after the early problems were resolved, the emags have been stable for the last few years. "Failing constantly" is not a fair assessment.

I agree with your other options though LSE's do have a small failure rate (mostly coils), but I don't agree with your current assessment of emags. They do fail still, you don't have to search long to find posts. I hear from people on a regular basis on pmag failures and glitches. If yours are trouble free you're lucky..

Long delay

I went to their forum talk on Tuesday. He explained that some of the delay was because to go after the certified market they want to build in a backup system in each mag that you can revert to in case of trouble. The idea is to save you from making the choice of a 50/50 shot at killing your good mag. So he claimed that for competitive reasons they couldn't say what caused the delays.

Seems like a robust design though, I hope the faa is open to them like they've been for dynon lately

Thanks for you feedback. Looks like I got to keep waiting. Anyway since the local regulator as well requires some time to accept dual electronic ignition for four seaters, it might happen that system in regulation will come together some time in the future
Thanks
Mike

Any Update of 6 cyl pmag at OSH

This is the annual "when will the 6-cyl pmags ship" post.

Any word as to the status of the Series 200 pmags for the 540? I assume they are at OSH and may have a new update on the status. Any news would be appreciated.

Thanks - TJ

Though I cancelled my slot on the "waiting list" after I discovered SDS, apparently I'm still in the system. I just got an email from Emagair that final payment and shipment of units is very close at hand.

Not sure what that means this time, but it's something.

If I were building or commissioning a motor now other than factory new, I would do SDS EFI.

Cheaper, proudly built in one of our Colonies :D and probably more efficient than P Mag/Mags.

Sorry Brad....:eek:

Orders are processing, and shipping starts after Oshkosh.

I?ve engaged eMag on these over the long haul. The delays to get to shipping have been disappointing, but understandable when considering their TSO target market. I decided long ago to not replace the mags on the RV-10 with anything other than these six cylinder pMags.

I have keep track of the comments and marketing from other vendors, but they never won me over. Others I?m sure have different opinions.

Carl

Can I actually order P-MAG 200 now (Oct'18)? Is there anyone who is actually flying with one?

If I were building or commissioning a motor now other than factory new, I would do SDS EFI.

Cheaper, proudly built in one of our Colonies :D and probably more efficient than P Mag/Mags.

Sorry Brad....:eek:

Doesn't one of your colonists run your central bank?

Back