What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Birmingham FSDO

PaulR

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a name at the B'ham FSDO that I could talk to about getting my Repairman's Certificate? My buddy and I are both wanting to get it done over the winter so we'll be ready for first condition inspections next summer. He called up there yesterday and talked to someone that really didn't know what he was talking about. He was talking about having to come down and inspect the plane and trying to read the book while he was talking to him.

I'm hoping that someone has gotten one from there recently and would remember the name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul, call your DAR. He probably works with one supervising inspector, who should be familiar with EAB matters.

Paul, call your DAR. He probably works with one supervising inspector, who should be familiar with EAB matters.

Dan,

Vic Syracuse was my DAR and he indicated to me he really didn't know anyone in the B'ham office. All my paperwork went through ATL.

Does anyone have a name at the B'ham FSDO that I could talk to about getting my Repairman's Certificate? My buddy and I are both wanting to get it done over the winter so we'll be ready for first condition inspections next summer. He called up there yesterday and talked to someone that really didn't know what he was talking about. He was talking about having to come down and inspect the plane and trying to read the book while he was talking to him.

I'm hoping that someone has gotten one from there recently and would remember the name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul,

Get in contact with John Burgin in Birmingham. He is a DAR that has inspected many RVs and will know how to get you through the FSDO hoops. His contact info is in the VAF DAR list:

http://www.vansairforce.net/dar.htm

Thanks, Sam. I'll call John. I didn't even think about calling him.

I knew there was someone in the area that would know!!

Back