What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

6A or 7A transition training

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
Is there anyone doing transition training in an A model? With Alex on hiatus, there is no one else around. Any help would be appriciated. Right now I am a proud owner of my recently signed-off 6A and I cant fly it.

Hi Colin,
Same problem in SE Arizona. I have a newly completed 9A and no one to help with the first flight hours.
Wishing you the best of luck in your search.

Transistion

There?s a guy in Denton he has 8a did mine few years back he flew up to Kansas City for me.

Side by side

Yes I know I said he has 8a but he did my first flight and the n checked me out in my 6a

Give Bruce Bohannon a call

Bruce Bohannon in Angleton (just south of Houston) might be able to help. He has an 8 and provided outstanding transition training in my 6. Closer than Florida in any case ... He may even travel to you if you offer to cover expenses.

Bruce Bohannon - Contact Info

Email: [email protected]

Cell: 281-889-8078

Peter

It may be far away for you but I just did transition training in a 7A with Danny Hughes, 828-850-5857. He is located in Hickory, North Carolina but he was coming to visit his children in my area so it was a great fit. Nice 7A and a good instructor.

Check out

He provided me with 2 hours dual in my plane 6a which insurance was ok with then I was able to do all phases of flight myself.

I did my 7A transition training with Roy Geer based out of Hicks T67 a few months back. I would definitely recommend him.

Training

Sorry for delay his name is Dustin Austin, or Austin Dustin anyway that?s his name I came across in my logs. He was in Denton texas

Transistion

His name Incase I didn?t get it to you was either Austin Dustin , Dustin Austin I know right I?m getting dislectic ha. Good luck👍

training

Call Mike Seager in Portland. Michael Seager <[email protected]>

Folks travel from all over USA for training with Mike in all of the RV aircraft.
In two days, he provided me with 10 hours and 63 takeoffs/landings. And it was very worth it. Because of his training I had confidence to do my own first flight. And am now able to fly my 7a the way it was designed to takeoff, fly and land.

Keep the nose gear up.

Have Fun

Back