What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looky What We Have Here....

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Kind of looks good in our hangar, doesn't it? :D :cool:

10641166_338763329631735_1803878076519020297_n.jpg

So we know it fits....:rolleyes:

What ya call the funny looking thing hang-in off the front of that there plane?

There's a reason they call it the prototype. They fix those mistakes during production.

Paul - nice "hangar ornament". Perhaps you should hang it from the rafters.

Last edited:
Oooooooo nice

Maybe if you just close the door they'll forget where they left it and take the bus home. :rolleyes:

There's a reason they call it the prototype. They fix those mistakes during production.

It's not a mistake at all, but we do go ahead (most of the time) with the designing the tail dragger for all of the pilots that need a physical confirmation of their masculinity.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for giving the airplane a safe place to bed down Paul (and Louise).

Too funny

It's not a mistake at all, but we do go ahead (most of the time) with the designing the tail dragger for all of the pilots that need a physical confirmation of their masculinity.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for giving the airplane a safe place to bed down Paul (and Louise).

Ha, ha!

I don't recall seeing any of those who prefer their "physical confirmation of masculinity" having to replace cracked front nose struts or rolling up the nose wheel on landing though. Never seen a tailwheel on an RV go flat either... just sayin :).

You are welcome to park the 14 in my hangar at 7S3 anytime as well. Just leave the keys in it.

(where's the sarcasm emoticon ?)

Paul,
You and Louise need to keep a closer eye on Mikey and The Val...something funny is going on when the hangar lights go out... :eek:

Ha, ha!
I don't recall seeing any of those who prefer their "physical confirmation of masculinity" having to replace cracked front nose struts or rolling up the nose wheel on landing though. Never seen a tailwheel on an RV go flat either... just sayin :).

And even if it did, it would still takeoff and land just fine!

Matt were you in the 14 or the photo plane. Sure looks good over Tahoe!

Good to meet you at the races.

Hi Daryl - likewise! This was my first trip to the races but I know I'll be back in the future.

That was Louise and my (not so) little brother in the 14, with me in the back of the RV-8 and Paul doing the driving. It's tough to take a bad photo with background material as pretty as Lake Tahoe!

mcb

I thought it was pretty cool myself.

Amanda and I got to see the 14A up close when we visited the factory last year.

Picture%2B112.jpg

Back