What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerofusion

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
Has anyone tried this product? Aerofusion Fuel Optimizer. A search came up empty. I'm wondering if it might be useful when burning autofuel. Right now I'm mixing 5 gallons AVgas and 45 gallons non ethanol unleaded. Could it take the place of the avgas?

Adds a small amount of lead. Some people add Marvel Mystery oil and some use other additives and some use some avgas. I'm no expert but I think the fuel these older engines were made to run on and some lead in it to stop detonation and to lubricate the valve guides. Maybe someone smarter will chime in.

Why does the "How it works" link take you to a page with all sorts of info, except telling how it works? All I get from the site is that it's a magical additive that increases your fuel efficiency 8-12%.

I think I saw some magnets at harbor freight that you clamp onto your fuel line to increase efficiency also. Do you think the efficiency increases might stack?

?Never give a sucker an even break.?
― P.T. Barnum

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

Meet the developer of this stuff and Airventure this year at there booth, the guy was extremely knowledgeable about aviation fuels, I had purchased a bottle and have been using it in my RV-7 since July....I am not sure how it works but it does work! After the first tank full I ran through, the power increase was very impressive, shortest take off I ever had. definitively burning less fuel and my cruise speeds are running about 8 knots higher.
I called in September when I ordered another bottle and spoke to him personally.
He said they have to limit there information they put out on their website till after it has its patents complete. He seems very honest and I will keep using it!

burning less fuel and my cruise speeds are running about 8 knots higher.

Okay I'll throw up the flag on this one, going from 150hp to 160hp yields a 4-5kt increase at least on the RV-4, so pouring a fuel additive is giving you more than 10hp.....something is off

Okay I'll throw up the flag on this one, going from 150hp to 160hp yields a 4-5kt increase at least on the RV-4, so pouring a fuel additive is giving you more than 10hp.....something is off

If I were the suspicious type...

Has anyone tried this product? Aerofusion Fuel Optimizer. A search came up empty. I'm wondering if it might be useful when burning autofuel. Right now I'm mixing 5 gallons AVgas and 45 gallons non ethanol unleaded. Could it take the place of the avgas?

Just heard about these kind of things on Car Talk while jogging the other day. Tom and Ray just laughed at the guy who wanted to try them but said something about how they at least kept the infomercial industry alive. Maybe this Aerofusion stuff is something different though.

I think I saw some magnets at harbor freight that you clamp onto your fuel line to increase efficiency also. Do you think the efficiency increases might stack?
Tom and Ray made fun of this idea too!:D

I know nothing about it. Just thought Tom and Ray were funny explaining what they thought about it. :)

Last edited:
Did some more research on this Aerofusion stuff last night, believe this is a "Magnesium carbozylate based Fuel catalyst".

Just curious; what does mixing the two types of gas do?

Years ago (pre-ethanol) a flying club I was in would use a mix of 90% mogas, 10% 100LL. They found that was just enough avgas to prevent or reduce vapor lock on hot days, the engines just ran better. And that much mogas reduced the fuel cost to club members.

Did some more research on this Aerofusion stuff last night, believe this is a "Magnesium carbozylate based Fuel catalyst".

Nice sounding words, but what do they mean? Googling turned up nothing. Even changing "carbozylate" to "carboxylate" left me with nothing pertaining to fuel chemistry.

Nice sounding words, but what do they mean? Googling turned up nothing. Even changing "carbozylate" to "carboxylate" left me with nothing pertaining to fuel chemistry.

In the words of Click-n-Clack: "Boooooohhhgus!!"

Meet the developer of this stuff and Airventure this year at there booth, the guy was extremely knowledgeable about aviation fuels, I had purchased a bottle and have been using it in my RV-7 since July....I am not sure how it works but it does work! After the first tank full I ran through, the power increase was very impressive, shortest take off I ever had. definitively burning less fuel and my cruise speeds are running about 8 knots higher.
I called in September when I ordered another bottle and spoke to him personally.
He said they have to limit there information they put out on their website till after it has its patents complete. He seems very honest and I will keep using it!

I'm standing on my table as the BS continues to accumulate...

I'm changing out my tail light

with a high power 20KV Tesla Coil I bought on the internet. Will report results this weekend if I don't go supersonic and the wings fall off. :rolleyes:

Back