What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EFII System32 getting ready for RENO

rcpaisley

Well Known Member

The 2019 Reno Air Races are getting close!
Come visit the EFII booth to see System32 in person.
www.flyefii.com

Reno-2019-poster.jpg

almost Reno time

Teams and planes and vendors are starting to pack for Reno.
This should be an exciting year for Sport Class.
There are multiple teams capable of running in the 400mph range!
Come visit our booth in the pits - we have lots to show off this year.
This is a working "vacation" for us, but always a fun time.
See you there!
Robert
EFII

Sport Class is heating up!

The number keeps changing - but it looks like we have nine EFII planes at Reno.
Five with System32. Sport Class is in a building phase with investment in time and money moving over to Sport from Unlimited. It should be a very exciting year!

Here is a pic of Neil Wischer's hot rod System32 RV-8 on the ramp. Neil is making (well) over 300hp out of an IO-390!

MONDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE - Neil just qualified with an average lap speed of 266.7mph!!!!
I think that's the fastest lap time ever for an RV!!

Neil_Wischer.jpg

Last edited:
System32 at Reno 2019 (after race summary)

FlyEFII and System32 had a great week at Reno.
The weather was excellent, our teams and equipment performed very well.
Here is a brief summary of how System32 planes fared:

Reno-Summary.gif

Amazing to see Neil and Todd go so fast in RV-8's. Darned impressive...230 knots at Reno density altitude, while pulling G! Hope they can find time for some tech talk here.

Why is Relentless slow (358 mph), relative to 2007 (383 mph)? The old speeds would almost put him up with Findlay and LaVelle (390 range). Any info on the DNF and DNS? It was un-ranked going into the last-chance heat because it didn't finish 1A, and didn't start 2A.

http://reports.airrace.org/2019/2019.Sport.Race.42.html

Why is Relentless slow (358 mph), relative to 2007 (383 mph)? The old speeds would almost put him up with Findlay and LaVelle (390 range). Any info on the DNF and DNS? It was un-ranked going into the last-chance heat because it didn't finish 1A, and didn't start 2A.

My impression is that he was working out bugs most of the week - I think he didn?t really have his testing and development finished when he showed up with the entirely new FWF package. He was certainly much more of a contender than with the 720 he?s had for the past few years, and the overall consensus was that if he can get the new stuff dialed in, he?s really going to get going.

Something to watch for next year I think.

Paul

Relentless progress

Kevin was working out turbo configuration and waste gate set up.
The new engine combination has a lot more room to advance than in recent years. Next year should be interesting.

Robert

Back