What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lemo jack for Bose A20

8 Builder

Hi all- I have a couple of questions. After searching for two days, I can not find the site that had what for me seemed like the perfect way to route the wiring for my front and rear Infinity sticks. The builder had the rear stick wires exit the rear stick, do a stress relieving loop and then go through the F-814C-R with a d sub connector. It had great pictures. NO CAN FIND! Any help appreciated.
The other question is regarding wiring a Bose A20 headset to the Garmin GTR 200 using ONLY the Lemo Jack without the GA plugs. Neither garmin or Bose were able to help me. Of course the only post that said that they had just what I needed was not there anymore. Thanks, Rich

Why not both plugs?

Just a silly question: why don't you install both types of plugs, LEMO and regular dual plugs? Suppose in the future yourself or a passenger brings in a conventional headset, or you want to sell your plane, wouldn't it be better to have more ample choices than to narrow them from the start?

The other question is regarding wiring a Bose A20 headset to the Garmin GTR 200 using ONLY the Lemo Jack without the GA plugs. Neither garmin or Bose were able to help me. Of course the only post that said that they had just what I needed was not there anymore. Thanks, Rich

I'm using the Lemo plugs (in parallel with the standard jacks) with a GTR20 (non panel mount version of GTR200) ... what's your question?

I installed Bose Lemo plugs using the standard diagram supplied by Bose and just omitting the standard jacks. So far it seems to work fine.

I did contact Bose by email but they didn't even reply.

I installed Bose Lemo plugs using the standard diagram supplied by Bose and just omitting the standard jacks. So far it seems to work fine.

I did contact Bose by email but they didn't even reply.

IF you only install the LEMO jacks and someone comes along wanting to use the standard headset plugs, there is an adapter cable that will allow you to use them.

Just a silly question: why don't you install both types of plugs, LEMO and regular dual plugs? Suppose in the future yourself or a passenger brings in a conventional headset, or you want to sell your plane, wouldn't it be better to have more ample choices than to narrow them from the start?

Sergio- I thought about this and did install both plugs for the passenger. I just want to keep it simple up front and only have the LEMO. I have the adapter for LEMO to GA. All of the literature included with the LEMO shows it connected to GA plugs. I am NOT an electrician or avionics tech and would be more comfortable following a schematic showing only the LEMO to GTR 200. As I mentioned; no help from Garmin or Bose.

LEMO

I'm using the Lemo plugs (in parallel with the standard jacks) with a GTR20 (non panel mount version of GTR200) ... what's your question?

My question is how to wire ONLY the LEMO jack for the pilot. No GA plugs involved. I can make a good guess as to how it would be done by looking at the GA/LEMO schematic but I don't want to guess.:confused:

My question is how to wire ONLY the LEMO jack for the pilot. No GA plugs involved. I can make a good guess as to how it would be done by looking at the GA/LEMO schematic but I don't want to guess.:confused:

Connect as recommended BUT leave out the GA jacks. The signals are the same but the GA Jacks are left out.

Here is the wiring. Do NOT connect the GA Jacks to give what you want.

7bNcYNFl.jpg

Page 35 of the BOSE A20 manual show the wiring of the LEMO Jack. Page 36 shows the wiring with GA Jacks that are Stereo and Mono.

It does not matter if you are not using a BOSE headset in the LEMO jack, the wiring for LEMO jack is the same for all manufacturers.

Last edited:
LEMO only

I gave this some thought back in the late 90's when I purchased a pair of Bose X headsets. Should I put in the standard mic and phone jacks along with the LEMO jack? I ask myself: "When will I ever fly the Doll when I'm not going to use the Bose X ?" I decided that the answer was never!

Fast forward nearly 18 years. The wife and I gave each other Bose 20 headsets for Christmas a few years back, and I have never found a need to fly the Doll with any other headset. The Bose X was good but, IMHO the Bose 20 is the finest headsets on the market. Several passengers have purchased their own Bose headsets after flying in the Doll and discovering for themselves what they had been missing. Right Jay Pratt?

The LEMO plug make it simple and it does it all. Phone, Mic, and ship's power for the ANR. Bose makes a LEMO harness which makes the wiring neat and tidy. If you already have standard jacks then you can add the LEMO harness and tap into the Mic and Phone jack.

Tailwinds.

Last edited:
IF you only install the LEMO jacks and someone comes along wanting to use the standard headset plugs, there is an adapter cable that will allow you to use them.

There is a lemo to dual jack adapter cable available from Bose. I think it costs around $50 - $$60.

My annoying hangar neighbor borrows my headsets and doesn't look after them. I am going lemo so he won't be able to borrow them anymore:D

Back