What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch Software V8.30 now available 7/03/19

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
G3X Touch V8.30 was released today and may be downloaded from our website.

The primary reason for most EAB aircraft to update to this software is the improvements made behind the scenes. Issues reported to us by customers are investigated and receive a high priority in the next release. This release is no exception, with several improvements being made to address these typically rare issues.

V8.20 to V8.30 Changes:

? Added support for GFC 500 changes required for certification
? Output GPSS information to analog autopilots for both internal and external navigation (instead of just external navigation)
? Expand Engine Time recording modes
? Improve error checking and reporting for LRU software loading process
? General improvements to system operation
? Includes update to G5 software version 6.20
? Includes update to GEA24 software version 3.60
? Includes update to GMA245 software version 2.60
? Includes update to GSA28 software version 4.40
? Includes update to GSU25/B software version 3.90
? Includes update to GSU25C/D software version 2.10

Thanks,
Steve

Virus warning

Steve, I have tried downloading the new G3X Touch Software V8.30. I get a windows warning that the download contains a virus, I expect the Garmin download is from a reputable source and I instruct the PC to run it anyway, and then I get my Trend virus software refusing to download the upgrade, again citing a Virus warning and a refusal to download the software.

What do I do now?

Alan

Steve, I have tried downloading the new G3X Touch Software V8.30. I get a windows warning that the download contains a virus, I expect the Garmin download is from a reputable source and I instruct the PC to run it anyway, and then I get my Trend virus software refusing to download the upgrade, again citing a Virus warning and a refusal to download the software.

What do I do now?

Alan
Hello Alan,

I just downloaded the software, installed it on an SD card, and scanned the download and everything else with two types of anti-virus software and didn't find any problems.

Thanks,
Steve

I experienced the same problem. **UPDATE** I was able to bypass this warning screen and proceed with the installation. I've never had this come up with any other software updates.

2e51a8o.jpg

Last edited:
Sucessful installation

Steve,

Trusting you and your company I took a leap of faith and disconnect my virus protection and downloaded the upgrade. Successfully uploaded the software to both my G3X touches.

Not sure what happened this time, I've never had a Garmin product bring up a virus alert in the past. Might be worth searching a bit more your end to see what compilation in the programming scares the heck out of the firewall protection at Windows and Trend.

Alan

I also got a windows defender warning about the unknown nature of this file. First time this has ever happened. I scanned it with other software and it had no problem with it.

Ran it anyway and will be updating screens shortly.

Sometimes AV software can detect false positives since they mostly look for virus fingerprints and occasionally the hash values of legitimate software is too close or can make a match to known problem software....

Last edited:
I also got this warning today - clicked on more info and then on run anyway - then installed it on my G3X Touch with no immediate issues.
Thanks,Mike
RV3B N931M

Back