What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A new home for N427TD and time to sell our RV-12 Kit

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
First off, I want to thank our customer and friend Tom D for building a beautiful RV-12. My dad and I have been working on our RV-12 kit for several years now and when Tom decided to sell his, it was too nice of an airplane to pass up. It is now safely in its new home in WI and is truly a joy to fly.

New%20Home%20RV-12.jpg

With this came the difficult decision of whether or not to finish our kit. At this point in time, we have an RV-10 that we built and the RV-12 and have decided to find a new home for the -12 kit.

The kit is currently in what I would consider "Advanced Quick Build" Status. The wings are complete except for the wing tips. The stab is complete, as are the ailerons, rudder and vertical fin. We have not yet completed the stab service bulletin, but no flight controls are currently mounted.

The fuselage and tailcone are mated and on landing gear. The fuel system is almost completely installed as is the brake system.

As an example of some of the painstaking attention to detail...? the washers which are required to properly space the stabilator were milled down on a cnc machine to ensure perfect thickness and fit. The aft bulkhead tail tie down was also milled to the correct dimensions on a CNC as were the fuselage slots that the wing spars slide through.

We recently purchased a brand new completed fuel tank from Vans which has all the service bulletins as well as the external vent. We also purchased the upgraded nose wheel fork for the aircraft. It includes all components except for the engine kit and the avionics kit. Optional kits that we have purchased include the lighting kits and wheel fairing kits.

There are also some "Aircraft Specialty" component kits (Cabin crossover hose kit, and gear leg hose kit) included.

We never intended to sell our -12, but this other aircraft came along and it was almost exactly how we intended to finish our aircraft and it got my dad back flying again.

Please contact me at [email protected]

Asking $24,000

I've seen the -12 that Steve and Bob have been building, and its first rate. Would be a great head start for someone looking for a 12.
Tom

Last edited:
Back