What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X/G3X Touch Installation Class- Aircraft Electronics Association (AEA)

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Good morning all,

AEA has set the dates (May 3 - 5) for the next "Avionics Installation for Experimental Aircraft" class which will primarily focus on the G3X Touch system. Please follow the link below for more details if you are interested.

https://www.aea.net/Training/courses/exp/

This course has been a great hands on training tool for many builders and installers. If you want to learn tips and tricks from a pro to make your harness build go a lot smoother, this is a fantastic option!

Thanks,
Brian

Hp8L_B2mEGuCfvLGWQQjmP8A4j-svkLa7UiBS5OKCpqaLcJeLVH3u6A9p6eTY6Kp5Tx_ZubaY0axRFKy6xaxH28OHFE2KS7GQka_F5w35_mx__iScV3gZsLz6BhZ1pnSQI7e8pkG4AQ2apJmo62rMgC60Y1mKQkuj5bDBOdGVFvMu1bSwPcyzAIaKEVqzLiRQm9963g7QTXvjDWXN443y-vMFWT_aw5BAtl3CeJcT8ZFj8BnbGXDracTgyFkhd-TUVFO-lmK0MI21y1NxBYAi5mKWRCwJhBE04r-HRWSFWddbi0pp3n6iH_J8zClUKUFl9qpS0p-TzQ_cN4n2drpQ8so9ktv_-zodX_OokZBLnmNPRUXC7jJ42yt8jHuOkrVWm5rIJ8hayykK94g2UoWJYCWS2S0hIALVNWtXkUc_W40eaRqho3_Iw4p6n9ozASm0OuuNEvQNUka0yIW4eHfRi3RTxp-OwJAZ_Z04yG5OGgIDclM6WITPBPtuVuJXYa3DewpzMl8AGJwKc58o7kGmAh-ZJy6_frG8iISnYYOGrHAflEaSjDCDD07sAOQ26pHZJEzBKu4rzZUVWESTCj2N0flOIQTRbgtghmfDQpzo2Xq9RYTgkcNXxleowzmv6jHY4a62IHZ_zCNWmHZFhlvHHfDsq8KbhOeMQJ9KLUfTQ=w1171-h839-no

This course is wonderful. I took it back in October and learned a lot. Look for an article about it in an upcoming issue of Kitplanes! :D

Signed up for May

I am getting to the stage where I can commit to the avionics. I have signed up on this course.

Just back from the G3X/G3X Installation Class at Aircraft Electronics Association (AEA).

I was great !

This is a great good opportunity to fill in the gaps in the manual (meaning the portions you didn't read or understand completely....).
It included hands-on harness planning/construction and really helped removing my last residual fear of doing this myself.

Even if I decide to use a avionics shop, I will be better positioned to interact with the shop and also understand why certain things are connected a certain way.

The instructor (Pahan) has substantial practical experience with both experimental and certified avionics installations and had more then a handful 'golden nuggets' to share.

The AEA facility was also the perfect host and their facility made the total experience a perfect week, for me at least.

I agree fully with Nilberg's post above. The AEA class last week was well worth the time and money to attend. There were a number of techniques that I picked up at the class, and a lot of questions I had were answered.

I highly recommend this class to anyone thinking about installing their own G3X avionics system.

I couldn't attend this one. Does anyone know if they're scheduling another? I would love to attend this!

I expect they will schedule another class. However, based on the dates for the one previous to the one last week, it appears that they put them on about once every 6 months.
They also appear to post the schedule for the class about 3 months prior to the class date, so they will likely post the next class around August time frame.

Back