What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need an RV-14 beta tester for a simple project

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
We are looking for an RV-14 builder who has wings installed but has not yet fabricated their vent lines (F00039L and R)

I have a set that needs test fit verification.

Please send me an email if you are able to help!

Thx as always for your help
Steve

Last edited:
My wings are built, haven't done vent lines yet, but it will be a while before I put wings on the airplane.

My wings are built, haven't done vent lines yet, but it will be a while before I put wings on the airplane.

Thank you for the response. I think we will need an aircraft with wings installed. We need to test fit the vent line to the wing and how it fits going through the bottom wing fairing. We have a set of left and right ones made up to match the plans at the moment. However, before we offer them as an additional RV14 option to our rigid tube kits, we want to verify that it is a perfect fit on a customer aircraft.

Thx again,
Steve

I will there soon, I have built the wings and will need to install them to get my intersection fairing installed. Due to the space limitation, I will be doing one wing at the time but I am hoping to have this completed within the next 30 days. Of course I will be building the vent line and upper intersection gear fairing at the same time... need to get all parts involved in this area completed before taking the wings off.

What sort of time frame will you need this for?

I will there soon, I have built the wings and will need to install them to get my intersection fairing installed. Due to the space limitation, I will be doing one wing at the time but I am hoping to have this completed within the next 30 days. Of course I will be building the vent line and upper intersection gear fairing at the same time... need to get all parts involved in this area completed before taking the wings off.

What sort of time frame will you need this for?

Mehrdad,

If one line fits, the other line will also fit, as they are exact mirror images of each other. So, in other words, one wing installed will be great for testing purposes.

I'll send you an email offline to confirm everything.

Thx much!

Steve

Thank you all for the responses. We have a few builders lined up for fit tests.

As always, thanks to everyone for your willingness to help!!!

Steve

By popular demand----

Steve has been prototyping several rigid tubes for various RV's and others. In addition to the vent lines he is talking about, we are also working on rigid tubes for cabin brakes in some 'A' model RV's, as well as some RV8 stuff.
A bunch of you asked for it, so he's been doing the 'work" --if you want to call playing with a CMM machine work!

WE are also working on doing prop governor tubes in stainless, if we can work out all the variables. All of this takes time, in addition to the other things we have going on.

Tom

Back