What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin SL40 help

Tbone

Well Known Member
During my prewiring of my radio I noticed that it has a RS232 connection on pin 3,10, and 11. My plane has a PSE8000B audio panel and Dynon D180, D100, HS34, GNS430W. Also has the SL40 as #2 com. Does this connection need to be used? As I understand it it is used for inputting frequency and function control commands and outputting transceiver status. I don't believe that the dynon nor the other systems have a use for it. Am I wrong? Does the Dynon's display or able to dial the freq. for the com's? :mad:

My GRT Horizon 1 EFIS will load frequencies onto the SL40. Tried it to see if it worked once, which it did. Don't remember using it again.

AFAIK only the Dynon Skyview can input/export data to the SL40 but I am not sure. You should ask this question over at the Dynon Forum. They are SUPERB at providing good detailed answers to questions like this.

:cool:

Just wired an SL-40 into my stack to work with an MGL Challenger EFIS. The MGL EFIS line works with the SL-30/SL-40 radios as well as many other radio interface protocols including the new GNC, GTR interface protocols.

bc

Back