What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer main wheels with Matco brake pistons?

rv6ehguy

Well Known Member
Good evening Van's Air Force brain trust,
Is any one out there using Beringer's wheels and brake calipers with Matco brake pistons, Cleveland calipers, and brake lines provided in the Van's kit? What are the pros and cons? I have spoken with Beringer reps. and they do not recommend mixing their parts with non-Beringer parts. I am interested in getting unbiased answers which I do not think are coming from Beringer. It seems to me that Matco pistons do the same as Beringer pistons. Both push hydraulic fluid to the brake calipers. Does any one have experience with this set-up I am describing here? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
John Van Lieshout
Vans RV6A QB
AeroSport Power IO-375 M1S (195 HP)
Garmin G3X 2 screen suite

Last edited:
Totally different designs, floating caliper vs floating disc.
You cannot intermix these parts.

John--
the Beringer master cylinders and calipers use banjo style hose fittings, that are different from the AN style fittings and adapters most of us use. The Vans plastic tubing for the cabin lines are a compression design, again not compatible with Beringers.

BUT--you can use the Beringer maser cylinders in your 6A, as long as you use the banjo fittings at the masters. In other words, a banjo hose end on one side, and a AN hose ends on the other. We do that with our RV conversions. The calipers may only fit the Beringer axles, so that would have to be determined.

But dont try and use the Matco or Cleveland PISTONS from their masters or calipers in a Beringer master or caliper.

Tom

I may be wrong but if I understand you correctly you are referring to the MASTER CYLINDERS connected at the brake pedals as pistons. If so then it might be causing some confusion?

Back