What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control cables and wiring interference

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I’ve been studying my wire runs before I start committing with fasteners and terminals in the wires. I followed the chapter 55 drawings and ran my right and left main wiring harnesses on either side of the fuel pump and then up on either side of the vertical bracket under the center panel. The drawing has us bring each sides’ wires through the oblong vertical hole and aft. After that its up to us.

It looks to me like that bundle will be right next to and rub on the throttle cable or mixture cables depending on the side if you try to go right and left coming out of the hole.

If the bundles go a little aft under the wire tray and then up through the big hole with the flange at the bottom of the stack area there is a lot of room but it will rub the flange. Is a caterpillar edge grommet sufficient on the flange for wire proection? I already put that in the oval through hole.

The wires if run aft will also rub on the bottom of the wire tray in the middle. Is friction tape a good idea?

It’s possible I’m overthinking it but I’m about to send a bunch more wire through these routes when my CB panel goes in over the tunnel.

Looking at other threads it looks like a good way to go is an angle with a large adel clamp that will run the wire right and left from the center channel out to each instrument area on the sides without rubbing down on the flange. And a piece of rubber on the aft edge of that right/left wire tray in the low center to keep the wires from chafing there.

Don't think letting the wires chafe on top of a lightening hole flange is a good idea even with caterpillar grommet?

Back