What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crate Packing

mulde35d

Well Known Member
Friend
As said by many others, Van's does a great job packing these parts in a small space. Just finished unpacking and taking inventory of my 14A empennage. No damage to the outer crate upon arrival and all internal components appeared to be in great shape. Had ABF ship it to their terminal and opted to save the money and pick it up in my truck. Empennage kit is relatively light and easily loaded into the pickup bed (you also get it faster when you don't have to wait for them to reload it and deliver to your house).

After inventory the only missing item was 4 of 12 plastic bushings. Not bad for a 7 page inventory sheet. On to section 6-1.

Airplane

Also curious if the link to the photo can be seen?

Well I was hoping dropbox worked since I already use it for other things. Ah well, guess I need to find a better spot to host pictures.

Congrats and welcome to the madness from one of the repeat offenders here.

I'm just wrapping up my empennage kit and looking forward to getting underway on the wing kit which arrived today.

Try -
postimage.org (using the second line down once the photo is uploaded)

Imgur.com (probably need a free account there)

Halie.com

All are free, all work well, but expect to have to hunt around for the right form of the photo link. What you want is the photo location. Paste that into the small yellow box that looks like a picture postcard above the text, in the text insertation window and it'll show up.

Dave

Back