What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust fitment

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
The pic shows how the pipe from cyl 4 doesn’t fully seat in the slip joint as it goes from left to right under the engine. It’s about 3/4 from seated. I think it prob doesn’t matter but the rest fit just right. Anything to improve on here?

Last edited:
Did mine 2 days ago and it looks exactly like yours. It feels solid and secure so I haven?t worried about it....yet. Until someone here chimes in with why it?s all wrong. 😉
Greg
N557GB

Also after bolting everything up the pipes where they crossover on the left are about 1/16 apart. I also don’t know if it matters. The only thing I could even possibly do to improve it is to slightly shorten the forward exhaust hanger but it seems like it might not really budge if I do that.

So does I matter if these pipes are so close? There isn’t any looseness and I can’t wiggle them and cause a rub.

Answered my own question in the clearance. Shortened up the forward hangar about 1/2 and now I have 1/4 between the pipes

Nickel Anti-Seize

The shop that made my crossover exhaust recommended using Nickel Anti-Seize on those slip joints so (hopefully) they wouldn't freeze up solid. Any comments from the group?

Back