What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SDS Tutorial Videos

rv6ejguy

Well Known Member
I just uploaded the first of many tutorial videos to YouTube on SDS programmer functions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlhgz_vVMuM

This one covers basic programmer functions- the 4 gauge modes, RPM Fuel and MAP Fuel.

I'm editing a second one which will cover some of the other functions and should upload that one soon.

If anyone has suggestions for other SDS topics, post them here or contact us. I'll make a list of the popular ones and try to shoot some more vids to cover them when I can find the time.

Excellent idea, thank you for doing this!

I'd love to see a video showing the proper way to determine and program the correct fuel map for a Subaru engine.

Hypothetical example, taking the default fuel map provided with the Eggenfellner E-6 engines and changing it to a correct fuel map.

Excellent idea, thank you for doing this!

I'd love to see a video showing the proper way to determine and program the correct fuel map for a Subaru engine.

Hypothetical example, taking the default fuel map provided with the Eggenfellner E-6 engines and changing it to a correct fuel map.

I'm on a steep learning curve on the video editing software I bought. Very capable but not intuitive. I figured the best way to master it is to use it every week instead of every 2 months where you forget a lot.

We should have a 360 Lyc/ RV6A here locally which will run soon with a dual SDS ECU setup. Plan is to use that for a series of tuning videos outlining the procedures.

Basically we usually leave the MAP Fuel Values pretty much untouched and do most tuning on the RPM values using a wideband AFR meter while we progressively open the throttle with the plane tied down well.

Of course, our systems come with a basic map which should be close so there is not too much to do.

Stay tuned.

Back