What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Swisseagle heading for Austria

swisseagle

Well Known Member
After a year since the first flight of my "little dream machine" ... it was time to spread the wings and go further ... still owe a buddy who cut the first flight video, a countertrade for his wunderful work, I flew him to his family for a long weekend. This is out of Switzerland to the east, accross Austria to the south-east corner, crossing the alps (mountain-ridge) to Fuerstenfeld LOGF with a stopover in Zell am See LOWZ.

Turn on the music and enjoy: Trip to Austria

Swisseagle #1 performed flawless, it cost me a big effort to plan this trip (every country in europe has his own regulations, you have to read alot and bordercrossig is also special) ... in the end it was a wonderful experience which I'd like to do again and again! More flights will come!

Video of the first flight for those who have not seen it: First Flight Video

Great plane, great experience, great forum!

Last edited:
After a year since the first flight of my "little dream machine" ... it was time to spread the wings and go further ... still owe a buddy who cut the first flight video, a countertrade for his wunderful work, I flew him to his family for a long weekend. This is out of Switzerland to the east, accross Austria to the south-east corner, crossing the alps (mountain-ridge) to Fuerstenfeld LOGF with a stopover in Zell am See LOWZ.

Turn on the music and enjoy: Trip to Austria

Swisseagle #1 performed flawless, it cost me a big effort to plan this trip ... in the end it was a wonderful experience which I'd like to do again and again! More flights will come!

Video of the first flight for those who have not seen it: First Flight Video

Great plane, great experience, great forum!

Beautiful scenery! Switzerland is my favorite country to visit in Europe.

I misread that at first, and thought you said, "Swisseagle heading for Australia." :D

Sensational work. Yours is far and away the finest RV-7 I've ever laid eyes on, the precision and attention to detail is immaculate. I can only imagine how good it must feel to stretch its legs after so long building it.

(I'll be back in Zurich at the beginning of August, btw. I'll email you when I have more details)

- mark

Hi Dominik,

Great Video and very beautiful RV-7A!

BTW: I just realized that Toni Birrer did your first flight! He was the examiner for my PPL nearly 10 years ago.

I think I have to visit you once to see your plane in real life.

Cheers Yves

Thank you all!

Hello

Thank you all for your comments!

Again a great job my coworker had done. I did not prepared the filming, I hat enough to prepare about the flight. But he had enough material to put again a very nice video together :)

@ Mark: Thanks for the flowers :D Yes I love my "bird" and like to work on it ... got a bit leazy ... better a bit more flying than adressing small things ;), but still a beautiful little dream machine!
It will be holyday time here, so many are out with the family's but yes give me ring/mail, for sure we can do an evening flight or one of my buddy's will be around.

@ Yves: Yes that is Toni, he has more than 20'000h as CFI, our EAA equivalent organisation blocked me from doing the first flight by myself ... that was a huge setback ... but ok, I gave the plane to Toni for the first 25min and then he trained me in it. See PM.

Back