View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 12:42 PM

Default Who makes Vans Starter Solenoid?

Does anybody have a reference for the manufacturer of Vans Starter Solenoid? (aka Starter Contactor)

The Battery Solenoid is made by Cole Hersee, part number 24115. BTW it is a continuous duty part, rated to make or break 85A. In a related question, does anybody know what the typical and max coil current is for the Battery Solenoid?

I think the Starter Solenoid may be like a Cole Hersee 24021, since it seems to have a coil that ties to the ground on the bracket and it has the "I" terminal which they call a "resistor shorting circuit". That part is rated to make 750A, and break 100A. Does anyone know what the typical and max coil currents are for this one?

The Starter Solenoid I got from Vans is marked with 12V, 5573, 8CA, and Made in USA. The two smaller terminals are marked "I" and "S" but there are no other markings.

Thanks for any info,

dave
Dave Gribble VAF #232
Building RV-9A N149DG (slider, IO-320, IFR)
Restored and Flying Beech Super III N3698Q
Marion IA

Restarting the project after too many years off

There is no sport equal to that which aviators enjoy while being carried through the air on great white wings." Wilbur Wright, 1905

Last edited by IowaRV9Dreamer : 06-07-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added marking info