What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

phase 1 log entry

Azjulian

Well Known Member
I have searched but I cant really find a definitive answer...

What is the correct language to put in your aircraft log book on completion of phase 1 for the RV12 ?

Yes, get out your operating limitations and use the verbiage specified in them. It will be the exact wording you should use.

Vic

You shouldn't feel that way. The big Inspection day is a huge event for most builders, and can even be quite stressful. You are not the only one who forgets where the verbiage is. In fact, there are some who even forget completely that there is a phase I sign off!
Kudos to you for remembering. 😀

Vic

How can you feel stupid ?- naaaaah . . . you have built an airplane and completed Phase I. That is proof right there! ;)

Congratulations!!!

I recently bought a 12 that was several years old, 100 hours, and the log book indicated it was still in Phase 1. I got that taken care of, owner just did not know he had to make some sort of entry someplace.

I recently bought a 12 that was several years old, 100 hours, and the log book indicated it was still in Phase 1. I got that taken care of, owner just did not know he had to make some sort of entry someplace.

I have seen this before. I'm actually surprised how many planes I inspect that don't even have the operating limitations. Not only are they part of AROW, but the airworthiness certificate is not valid without them either. On several occasions I have had to contact the FAA for a new set from their archives.

Back