What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Are there rear bench seats for RV-10?

localizer

Hi,
Does anyone make rear bench seat for RV-10?

I'm not looking to add seats, just wondering if there is a bench available...

Thanks!

The center ‘tunnel’ is structural, and higher than the standard seats. So a bench would have to be higher, compromising headroom; or involve some serious structural modification.
Edit. As noted below, this is wrong. I forgot I put a small console here.

Last edited:
Um...

mine's not. Tunnel perfectly level with rear seat pans. If not trying to add a third rear seat position, the need for a middle rear seat person to straddle the tunnel with the feet is not a consideration. Looks to me like this could be easily done with a modified seat back (and I believe has been, many times).

This seat mod would close off the baggage area a little more completely. But why give up the ability to carry long-ish items in the baggage area extending forward between the rear seats?

Cleveland tool makes a 60/40 bench foam that will make it a bench. If you want to put three seat belts for three kids all less then 100# go for it. That is what is great in the experimental world.

Thanks! I will call Cleaveland.
No, I'm not looking to add a third seat or seat belt. Just like to have a bench and full width back without the slot between them.

I bought the Cleaveland back forms which fill the center and provide rear headrests that match the front seats, and had them shipped to Oregon Aero. They upholstered the backs after attaching the center to one side, and created a bottom that is in essence a bench seat. If access is needed to the baggage area for a long item, one of the backs can be removed using the Vans standard hinge mount to allow this.

Oregon Aero did a beautiful job on the upholstery of the front and back seats for me!

Classic Aero used to produce such a seat-------perhaps if you ask them, they may make you one??

Y9vjlk-MY1ohB0dgcVJorX8RW-fA-XBkPfrZCxCxDGDS5TFZWA1wUyseL-KbNVjP6k0ZRUl2qhMLUId1IOQZj4uc7U2mfNcnK_kIo9ovv6X4fmHTeu6ZwtFptf2gZr-tZlmJvCyphWTwFr3AjfRXxXy8WyWZZDjVQvNwMihZTedijyv1VwZS3mUr6gfew88UeGzjq0ns9klhah_OJdCDJ-hjbsfIRauTLzMRdm3nWnB9jyCUzqELKxbkalQQrbCZWZc_AeAlM2W6_jiYOKejAaCZSM7IeiHDiWYpPHZgXwiLFusNycykra5Yrxobtc0Yh4XXyw9oFb9SMLSEN8pNQx4iTs1fn7E56auhdUCxhWOMrc4bcRRtz8o3N_7Da6OXdTW_A0IiaKKBbITkslW-usk7JmGIWAlg1v9nOlVPIY6ATr67_B8CA52XoexqNzIJieI64LAuBA5cap06ie5GEOjQbA90hfKfAHrJ_ImioXWPrf1m0QDFar_KtQv2dNX2qYTu7xWr_3pbVBkYAkw_A3OGjSsPHZ3xEPZuHJYGdKyLDVzlt2oLVlSfK2Qp_uDh0bKXWfscS6yJsD4DX8YJa7solQVtH3uJjXgjdXhrdVHWvQjDPEuZ8l5i8Q0Lljf13YGiYYW4CwPoEpKQNEcuZI-lkW4h_KrB0bCQbsMgKJQ8a0n4TU_cs9UYuQ=w1179-h884-no

We have the South Florida Sport Aviation kit (Flyer), and it's not a bench, but certainly not 2 individual buckets.

1k-IMG_7155.JPG

Last edited:

This was done by Abby at Flightline and we love it, but I?ve heard she doesn?t do RV10 kits anymore.

This was done by Abby at Flightline and we love it, but I?ve heard she doesn?t do RV10 kits anymore.
Not totally true. She does not do side panels for the R10 anymore. Flightline will still do RV-10 seats and carpet.

It would not be difficult to roll your own modification for a rear bench seat. Either a middle insert, 60/40 split seat or a full back. Use the same construction technique in the plans and extend one of the sides or make a small insert section and attach it to floor with a piano hinge.

I have an extra set of the Cleaveland 60/40 sets backs if you decide to go that route. 50% off listed price and I will ship them to you.
Used them in both my 10's and will do it again.

Aerosport Products makes 60-40 rear seats and we also have high back bucket seat frames just like the front seats

Geoff

Geoff, are they the same profile as the Cleveland seatbacks? I was talking to Zac and would rather have the matching bucket seats vs the headrests.

Back